There’s no better way to experience Headwaters Country Jam than camping at the festival. Sleeping under the Big Sky is part of the perk of Montana! Read over our camping policies below, and choose from our many options to find the campsite that’s right for you!
General Campground Information
Campgrounds open the Wednesday afternoon before the festival. Specific times to be released closer to the festival.
All campgrounds are ticketed areas. No one will be allowed onto the property without a ticket or wristband. This includes the campgrounds. If caught in the campgrounds without the proper passes, you will be immediately escorted off the grounds.
NO VISITORS WILL BE ALLOWED ONTO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS UNLESS THEY PURCHASE A 3-DAY TICKET TO ENTER. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No glass containers (including beer and liquor bottles).
- All campsites are primitive and have no electrical or water hookups.
- Showers are available for free and are open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
- 24-hour security will be provided in all camping areas, but please secure your campsite.
- No pets allowed in arena, parking lots, or campgrounds.
- No outside food, beverages or alcohol are permitted in the concert arena. Each person is allowed to enter the concert arena with one (1) sealed water bottle per person. Outside food, beverages and alcohol are only permitted in the camping area.
- No external furniture, refrigerators, or carpeting will be allowed.
- No campfires or open flames will be allowed due to fire danger. Self-contained propane grills are allowed in the campgrounds only and must be under constant supervision.
A Standard Campsite or VIP Campsite is 20′ x 40′, while a Luxury Campsite is 40′ x 40′. Each campsite allows for one sleeping unit and one steering mechanism. *
All vehicles and camping equipment must be able to fit into your spot. There must be a five-foot separation of all trailers due to county regulations (two-and-a-half feet from the rear and side borders). You will be asked to move your vehicle if there is a question of space.
Additional vehicles must purchase a companion parking pass for the weekend. You may park the additional vehicle in the site, IF and only if all your belongings fit within your campsite. If the additional vehicle does not fit you must park in the weekend parking lot.
Many sites are uneven and it is suggested that campers bring blocks and other devices to level out RVs and trailers (concrete blocks work well).
High winds are possible, so please bring stakes and other items to secure your tent. Make sure your vehicles are secure and parking brakes are set.
No golf carts, boats, power scooters, dirt bikes, bicycles, or ATVs are allowed on the festival grounds. This includes the campgrounds, parking lots and the arena. No cruising on motorcycles or in vehicles within the campground or parking lots. Violators will be removed.
No vending is allowed in the campground. Violators will be removed from the premises. No exceptions.
Absolutely no firearms of any kind are allowed with or without a permit.
- Security is provided by Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department and Headwaters Country Jam Security.
- Citations will be issued for violations. Drinking age of 21 and above will be enforced.
- In the event of severe weather, a warning will be issued by patrol cars. Please follow instructions given.
- If you need to be notified for an emergency, your family must contact the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department.
- No generator usage is allowed in non-generator camping areas.
A 2:30 a.m. curfew will be enforced in all campgrounds. Loud music, parties and anything that disturbs neighbors or other campers will not be tolerated. We do not expect total quiet, but please respect your fellow campers.
Generators must be shut off at 2:30 a.m.
Security officers have the authority to ask any person or groups of people who are abusing the noise curfew to leave the grounds without a refund. All state and local laws will be enforced by law enforcement personnel.
All Sales Are Final
No refunds, no exchanges.
Luxury Camping – 40’ x 40’ campsites located near the entrance of the festival site. Any level ticket holder is able to purchase these sites.
VIP Camping – 20’ x 40’ campsites located closest to the entrance of the festival site. Any level ticket holder is able to purchase these sites.
KYSS, Cat Country, and XL Country Camping – Our most affordable campsite option. These standard sites are 20’ x 40’. Sites are typically a one to ten minute walk from the festival entrance. Any ticket holder is able to purchase these sites.
Family/Quiet Camping – 20’ x 40’ campsites located adjacent to the VIP campground. This campground area is a great option for families, groups with children or those looking to get some shut-eye each night. Any ticket holder is able to purchase these sites.
Accessible Camping – 20’ x 40’ campsites located closest to the festival entrance and the best option for our campers with limited mobility. In order to be placed here, you must provide a government issued handicapped placard. Any ticket holder is able to purchase these sites.
One ticket = one wristband = one person.
3-Day wristbands must be worn at all times in the campgrounds. No 3-Day wristband, no entry, no exceptions. Single day passes do not come with campground access. Please protect your wristband; you will not receive a replacement band if lost, stolen, or tampered with. Do not remove it unless you are not returning to the festival or the campgrounds for the remainder of the weekend.
Please be advised that by attending and camping at the event you are implicitly agreeing that Headwaters Country Jam may use any photos taken of you by our photographers for promotional purposes, and your image may be used on our website, TV spots or printed materials.
Law enforcement officials and event officials are empowered to make arrests and evict campers and festival-goers from the site without refund for any action that is in violation of law or actions that could jeopardize enjoyment of the event by others.
Any violation of the above policies will be subject to having your armband removed and being escorted from the festival and/or campgrounds with no refunds and subject to fine(s) according to state and local ordinances.